Thursday, September 24, 2009

Settled into Kathmandu

It was a long trip here. spent the night in new delhi, not even 12 hours in the hotel. What a scene!
Got to Kathmandu OK. All paperwork was in order.
The ride from the airport was pretty scary.
The hotel that I am staying at is really nice- The Kathmandu Guest House. More like a resort w/ shops, restaurants, money exchange, tour broker, etc. all on site. They upgraded my room because I had to wait at the pickup van for an hout to wait for the others on my flight. I got out early because I accidently cut a line of about 200 people.
the computer here is pretty basic. I dont know if i can upload pictures. I will try later.
Bill

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bill,

    Glad you have made it to your destination safely. I'll have to share one of my airport stories with you next time we're together; it was also very scary!

    Glad you have this blog so that we can share your adventure with you. Okay, on to your others posts...Oh no! I'm not sure which 'profile' I am supposed to select. Let me know if this gets to you...

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete