Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another Visa

Good thing I got to the Consulate of India early. There was already a big line which I waited on. After a while, the line started to move. It snakes up a sidewalk and down stairs into a basement office. When I got to the front of the line, an official looked at my parerwork and told me that I had to go to another address, about 17 blocks away. Of course the address on the application was the wrong one. Off I went, to 53rd & 2nd ave. Up into a 2nd floor office, backpacks were not allowed. I had to leave it in the hall. Filled out a new application, 2 pictures, drivers liscense photocopy, passport with 2 spare pages, good for 6 more months....... all hunky dory. And another line to pay the $68 fee, cash. Thank you sir, please come back between 5:30 and 6:00 to pick it up. I did, waited on another line, got my passport back with the visa stuck on a page, and the deed was done. Way too much work for 9 hours in a hotel room in New Delhi.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the tip on free backpack offerings. 53rd & 2nd, right?

    Hope you're having a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete