Sunday, January 3, 2010

Arriving in Nairobi

I arrived last night. It was raining lightly, in the 60's. I was met by a recommended tour guide, Peter. He runs Elite Travel, and Jambo Taxi.
For the first few nights, I got a really nice hotel, The Pan-Afric. Its resort-ish right in Nairobi. There is a swimming pool, a bar and a restaurant.
I checked in, dumped the bags in the room and went to the bar with Peter. There was a nice band playing calypso music.
Stayed till about midnight. Its a little late, but body time for me was 2 hours earlier.

Peter met me after breakfast and we went on a city tour and in search of accomodiations for the rest of the EWB group when they arrive on the 6th.

Tonight we are going to have dinner at a restaurant called "The Carnivore" Its famous in Nairobi. Vegetarians not allowed. I will try to get a picture or 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment