Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back from Langtang

I made it back from a 8 day adventure. 1 day each way on the local bus, and 6 days hiking in the Langtang National Park. I took the bus to Shyaphru Besi and found a hotel for the night. I asked the lady ther, Chungu, about a guide and she recomended her brother-in-law, Temba. He showed up early the next day, we made a deal for his rate, and took off. He had no gear except for what he was wearing. He carried my pack, and I carried my day pack.
The highlight of the trip was a day hike fromKanjun Gumpa to the Langtang base camp at about 4400 m. The following day we hiked to the Tserko Ri summit @ about 5000 m. That was over 1100 m up and back in a day. 4 hours up and 2.5 hours down. We left at 4:00 am. At the summit, the air was clear and warm, no wind. We spent an hour at the top and went back to Kanjun Gumpa to th tea house we were staying at.
After that we headed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment